Last week's snow threw everyone for a loop, but this week's sunny skies are helping the farms get back on track. As the start of the season draws closer, we would like to remind everyone of a few CSA details.
* If you signed up to one of our general sites (i.e. Eastern Cuyahoga County, Geauga and Lake counties, etc.) before our sites and times were confirmed, please check your account and choose a pick-up site for the season.
* We will send pick-up instructions to all members one to two weeks before the start of the season. Please watch for this e-mail, and take time to review the details carefully. We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Please save this e-mail for use in the event you have someone picking up for you later in the season so you may easily share the pick-up instructions with them.
* Please be aware that our deadline for signing up for the season is May 15. Many of our sites reached capacity before the sign-up deadline last year. All sites still have space, but some are filling up quickly.
* If you would like to add weekly eggs, bread, beef, jam or cheese to your share, these options are still available.
* Please be aware of the extras your site permits. Some sites have limitations on refrigerated goods, non-Kosher items, etc.
* Our farm store will be available beginning the second week of the season, with a range of great options to add to your order. You will receive weekly reminders regarding deadlines to add extras to your share.
* Please note that our shares are 100 percent organic for the majority of the season. When the shares include apples or peaches (which are not organic, but which are locally-grown), we will provide specially labeled boxes with the names of members who have requested organic-only shares.
* If there is still space available in the program at the start of the season, we will open up additional shares to start five weeks in for a 15-week season. We can't guarantee there will be space, but sometimes it is available.
We truly appreciate your participation in this program. We will do our very best to keep you informed about program details and news. Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, etc. you may have.
All of us at Geauga Family Farms are looking forward to reconnecting with you soon, and bringing you the best produce our fields have to offer!
~ with Laura Dobson and the farmers of Geauga Family Farms